As a way to link the US Open to community tennis development efforts, USTA President Jon Vegosen made available eight pairs of tickets (invitations) to the President’s Suite at the US Open. These tickets (invitations) were awarded to eight different registered CTAs, NJTL programs, and other nonprofit community-based tennis organizations within the USTA/Midwest Section as a fundraising opportunity. The selected community tennis organizations are encouraged to raise a minimum of $1000 which will help expand their tennis programs at the grassroots level.
Congratulations to the following Community Tennis Associations for being awarded a pair of tickets to the President’s Suite at the US Open as part of the 2012 US Open USTA President’s Suite Community Tennis Fundraising Initiative.
- Charleston Area Tennis Association, Charleston, WV
- Greater Cincinnati Tennis Association, Cincinnati, OH
- Inner City Tennis Clinics, Cleveland, OH
- Midwestern Tennis Association (Mid-Tac), Chicago, IL
- Milwaukee Tennis & Education Foundation, Milwaukee, WI
- Royal Oak Community Tennis Association, Royal Oak, MI
- South Bend Community Tennis Association, South Bend, IN
- Tennis Opportunity Program, Inc., Chicago, IL
For more information about this initiative or about forming a Community Tennis Association, please contact Jeff Giles.